Helix Match PP82DSP

Rispondi
TakayasuKenduma
Coassiale

Helix Match PP82DSP

Messaggio da TakayasuKenduma »

Sono interessato a sapere di piu' di questo ampli (suggeritomi dall'utente Archso nel thread XC60), mi ha colpito per versatilità e semplicità di installazione. Nel database dei connettori sul sito Helix la mia auto (Volvo XC60 MY14) non c'è ed ho scritto a Helix per sapere qualcosa in piu'. La risposta è arrivata nel giro di pochi minuti!
La risposta alla domanda (1) mi pare strana: "la sua auto è già dotata di un amplificatore e non ha senso connettere il PP 82DSP. Se anche lei fabbricasse da solo il cavo, l'amplificatore Volvo produce piu' potenza di quanto gli ingressi del PP82DSP possano gestire, quindi nessuna garanzia in questa configurazione.

Ora, la serie Match è li per interfacciarsi agli impianti di serie e non credo che ci siano marche che commercializzino la loro vettura con le sule uscite pre, quindi il buon PP82DSP un po' di potenza dovrà ben sorbirsela, altrimenti a che serve? D'accordo, posso attenuare con dei semplici adattatori, ma credevo che questa funzione fosse disponibile in tutti questi dispositivi (Audison, Mosconi, JL, Apline etc...). Il resto delle risposte è soddisfacente (due set di alignment ed eq, uso dei canali a piacere anche se per il sub dovro andare di doppia bobina)

Altra domanda, siccome possiedo un Orion Xtreme 600.4 che non ho mai usato (l'ho installato una decina di anni fa, usato per pochi giorni, rimosso per partire in ferie, mai piu' rimesso in auto) che mi era piaciuto molto, come si colloca il PP82DSP rispetto a questo in termini di suono? (Ovvio, i prodotti sono diversi, ma qui chiedo della qualita' audio)?

Tornando alla lettera (in italico la risposta di Helix):

Dear Sirs
I am interested in the product PP82DSP to improve the audio from the stock "High Performance" stereo given with my Volvo XC60 MY14. I have some questions:
1) I have seen that the Volvo XC60 MY14 is not listed in the compatible cars in your database. What does it mean? Only that there is not a compatible cable with the stock amplifier or that there is an electric incompatibility that prevents the connection in any case, even if I build the cable? Is your product still guaranteed if the cable is made by myself or an authorized Helix installer?

Your car is already equipped with an amplifier - so it does not make sense to connect the PP 82DSP.
Even if you make a cable by yourself, the Volvo amplifier delivers more power than the inputs of the PP 82DSP can handle. So there definitely no guarantee from our side if you use our PP 82DSP in this configuration!!!

2) Are the 8 outputs completely independent so I could use 6 of them for a 3 ways front stage and 2 channels bridged for a mono subwoofer?
All outputs are independent, but it is not possible to bridge any of them.

3) How does it work the volume setting? Does the PP82DSP get the volume from the stock amplifier so the dashboard and steering wheels controls still work?
Yes

4) How many "sets" of time alignment and equalization can I create and use? For example can I have a setting for when I drive alone (stage in front of driver's seat) and one for when I have a passenger (front on the center of dashboard) and switch easily from one to the other (e.g using the URC 2A)?
The PP 82 DSP can only handle two settings in its internal memory - you can switch between these two using the URC 2

5) is it available a bluetooth interface for a wireless control of the dsp?
No - there might be blurtooth intefce in the future, but just for basic features. It will never be possible to fully adjust the DSP via any smartphone device or similar.

6) Compared to the Helix C-DSP or DSP, what are the limitations in terms of settings and quality of the DSP embedded in the PP82DSP?

Compared to Helix DSP the PP 82DSP uses the same Codec and same DSP, but hs limitations in terms of EQ bands. Four channels have 30 EQ bands and four channels have only 15 EQ bands
Rispondi

Torna a “Crossover elettronici e DSP”